This blog is dedicated to promoting and

fund driving for Team EFA members'

chosen animal charities.


Etsy for Animals (EFA) aka Artists Helping Animals,

is a team of independent artists, craftspeople,

vintage sellers and craft suppliers on Etsy.com

who are dedicated to providing charitable relief to animals

by donating a portion of the profits from their shops

to an animal charity of their choosing,

and/or to EFA's featured Charity of the Month.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Warm Wintry Cat Love Earrings by chickadeejewelry


These earrings are a whimsical entry from chickadeejewelry. I was looking out the window at a blizzard and thinking that the weather didn't bother me because I had a warm cat (Jezel) sleeping on my lap. This inspired me to make the Warm Wintry Cat Love Earrings. I combined "I love my cat" charms with bicone crystals in winter colours - frosty whites and grays. The Winter Wonderland is outside, but the companionship of my cat and the love I have for her keeps me warm.

I donate 10% of my sales to Ca-R-Ma (Cat Rescue Maritimes Association). I also regularly donate jewelery to them for fund-raising and I volunteer my time. Ca-R-Ma is dedicated to improving the lives of homeless cats. We run a trap-spay-neuter-release program for feral cats and we care for cats in feral colonies. When possible, we foster and adopt out kittens. I have three cats, Sean, Jezel, and Lucy. Jezel and Lucy are formerly feral cats adopted through Ca-R-Ma.

4 comments:

  1. Love those colors... makes me feel the brrr of wintertime real good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this. And thank you for the opportunity to participate in this challenge and team.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a positive comment :)
We shall publish it as soon as it is approved...
THANKS for visiting !